One thing I've noticed on online forums, there is no secret sauce as far as bra calculators. The online sales shills continually plug their "new & improved" bra-sizing calculator, which of course isn't "new & improved" at all! Because it can actually grossly overestimate cup size in some women/bra-wearers - I agree with the sentiment expressed in this post, "Do you really think all of the bra manufacturers, the people who make the bras, don't know how to measure size?"
I believe that the best place to start is just to go with this method - which is on bra manufacturers websites. Particularly if one has projected breast tissue, this is an important first step. The "six measurements" online calculator oddly overestimates cup size in some women with projected breasts, but it is used as a gimmick to promote sponsored brands/stores by a lingerie marketing firm, like somehow "more information is better." Not necessarily! How your boobs measure "unsupported" is not how they're going to be in the bra!
Step 1: Wear your best-fitting (hopefully nonpadded) bra and take the bust measurement.
Step two: take your band measurement with the tape measure as tight as you like to wear your bra band.
The "six measurements" is unfortunately a gimmick used by a lingerie marketing firm (see previous post) to shill their sponsored brands (lingerie giant Wacoal-Eveden, Panache, & Bravissimo) and their three sponsored stores (Bare Necessities, Brastop, and Bravissimo). I think one reason why the online sales shills don't get tagged for spam by reddit (although they sometimes do, see the sales shill account, u/the_bravangelist) is because there are various different lines within Wacoal-Eveden and Panache. So, the online sales shills might look like they're promoting different brands, when really it's just lines within the same brand.
*I think that the online sales shill occasionally throw in a competing brand (or store) in an effort to not look so obvious. (So they don't get tagged for spam like u/the_bravangelist). So, occasionally they throw in stores like Breakout Bras, or brands like Natori or Scarlett Blue.
**Disclaimer: I'm not saying everyone who recommends the "six measurement" calculator is an online sales shill. But one very obvious characteristic of the online sales shill accounts - for which there are many accounts (I have no idea how many people that is though, see previous posts; I blocked 14 accounts) - is promoting the "six measurements" calculator like it's superior, when really it's just a sales gimmick. The "six measurements" calculator is used by an lingerie marketing firm (something like this lingerie marketing firm that grosses 5.3 million/year) to shill their sponsored brands/stores; the online sales shill accts are careful not to get "tagged for spam" on reddit.
IN summary, How to Measure Your Bra Size Correctly, from Thin & Curvy. The important thing is - not to add +4
Not that I think that it was started by an online marketing firm, I believe that it was started by someone with the username u/Kiara or u/Kara, or something.


No comments:
Post a Comment